HARRISBURG, Pa. (WTAJ) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health has confirmed 5,488 new cases of COVID-19 since yesterday, bringing state totals to 248,856.
According to the DOH, 49 additional COVID-19 related deaths have been reported, bringing the total to 9,194.
Currently 2,196 people are hospitalized with COVID in Pennsylvania.
Seventy percent of Pennsylvania cases have been considered recovered from COVID-19.
Our central region reports 13,154 cases today. That’s 473 more than yesterday.
The county breakdown is below:
There are 2,506,649 individuals who have tested negative to date. Of those who have tested positive to date the age breakdown is as follows:
- Approximately 1% are ages 0-4;
- Approximately 2% are ages 5-12;
- Approximately 5% are ages 13-18;
- Approximately 13% are ages 19-24;
- Approximately 36% are ages 25-49;
- Approximately 21% are ages 50-64; and
- Approximately 20% are ages 65 or older.
There are 2,080 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that number, 438 patients are in the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Most of the patients hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older.
The department has seen significant increases in the number of COVID-19 cases among younger age groups, particularly 19 to 24-year-olds. An alert was sent to healthcare providers about the changing COVID-19 case demographics. Increases among 19 to 24-year-olds from April to present in November are available below:
- NC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 20 percent of cases so far in November;
- NE – 6 percent of cases in April to nearly 14 percent of cases so far in November;
- SE – Nearly 5 percent of cases in April to nearly 11 percent of cases so far in November;
- SW – Approximately 5 percent of cases in April to approximately 11 percent of cases so far in November;
- NW – Nearly 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 11 percent of cases so far in November; and
- SC – Approximately 7 percent of cases in April to approximately 9 percent of cases so far in November.
In nursing and personal care homes, there are 28,576 resident cases of COVID-19, and 5,972 cases among employees, for a total of 34,548 at 1,132 distinct facilities in63 counties. Out of our total deaths, 5,999 have occurred in residents from nursing or personal care facilities.
Approximately 13,202 of our total cases are among health care workers.